Saturday, December 17, 2005

Toned Abs

People have often complimented me on my abs. Or people have wondered what it takes, to get abs like mine. My abs have dissipated a little bit since the picture. But they’re still alright. I do have to admit, they don’t look like the picture, on an every day basis. Meaning, if you saw me walking down on the beach, you most likely wouldn’t see how toned they were. Flexing helps, let me tell you. But I have been told I have a nice stomach. And of course, I’m not saying this in a conceited sort of way.

I thought I would post, as to my own tips and techniques for getting toned abs. Now, I’m no Billy Blanks, but I do try my best. I think a contributing factor into having toned abs, as well as a toned body, is having the genes. There are just some “type” of people that seem to be able to tone their bodies and make themselves look very healthy, without much avail. These people, I secretly envy. I envy them because there are people like myself, who have to work a little harder than we’d like. But then, there are people who have to work harder than ME, so I guess I shouldn’t be complaining. But I think being Asian, the genetics were on my side.

I have a high metalbolism, and that surely helps. Eating good food is what helps keep one’s body healthy and fit. We all know this. Just look around in the media, and we can see how many different types of diet programs there are out there. All claiming to “BE THE ONE.” Claiming to the be diet that will help you lose pounds. Each person is different, and what may work for someone, may not work for others. But the bottom line is, eating healthy will help one have a healthy body.

Another tip, would be exercise. Dieticians (sp) always say that a healthy diet, as well as rigerous exercise will help increase a toned and healthy body. A healthy lifestyle, an active lifestyle, it not only helps tone the body, but tone the mind. In high school, I did a lot of exercise. Along with exercise and weight lifting, I grew up on a farm. And doing all that farm work, it silently helped increase my muscle tone. People often asked me if I was in gymnastics, or did swimming because of my physique. I haven’t, at least not as a sport. I did gymnastics when I was about 7, but that quickly ended because my mum realized I was there to socialize, and she didn’t need to pay money for me to socialize. ::laughing:: I often wonder what would of happened, had I stuck with gymnastics. But anyhoooo, cardiovascular workouts as well as weight lifting, that combination has helped sculpt the body that I have. I used to work out pretty frequently, I had a lot more time. But since moving here to Australia, I just haven’t had the motivation to do so. I still ride my bike, but I don’t do anymore weight lifting. Maybe I’ll get back into it, join a gym or something. Might invite the partner to join along, she’s looking to better her health.

Truthfully, I don’t have any famous recipe for why my abs are the way they are. I think it’s a combination of good genes, healthy eating, and regular exercise. As to why they’re still somewhat toned..and I haven’t done much exercising, well I can’t tell you why. Maybe someone is watching over me. I’m always eager to hear advice from others, and get tips from other people about maintaining a beautiful body. I’m not a health addict, but I do like to keep myself fit. Many thanks to those who have complimented me on my abs, it makes my day knowing people find a part of me attractive. ::smirks:: Well, that IS the only part you all can see..lol.

So here’s to staying healthy and staying fit!! ::raising bottle of ice cold water in the air

-current mood-HUNGRY, all of this talk about healthy eating, I need to go eat!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there its me Nenee...I was just checking out your site. Very nice...make sure you keep your link posted too.
I agree I really do think its in the genes, I workout daily and play sports and eat healthy. So it really does not take much of an effort to keep the body in shape.

December 21, 2005 10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home