Monday, December 12, 2005

Survivor Finale

Tonight is the Survivor Guatemala finale. Rafe, Lydia, Danni, and Stephanie are the 4 contestants left. In the beginning, I had chosen Rafe as a favorite. Not necessarily favorite to win, but someone I wanted to win. In the beginning, I was also excited to have Stephanie back in the game. But as each episode was aired, the more I began to realize I don’t like her. Everyone I’ve talked to, has said how hot she is, and how they want her to win. But in truth, I don’t want her to win. She’s totally played the game though. She’s a fierce competitor, and I’m sort of wondering if the reason why she’s still in the game, is because she’s intimidating. Gary, before he was booted from the tribe, he brought up a very good point. I think most people (the tribe members) are start struck with Stephanie, and they know she’s a leader. Because she’s already had experience, she knows how to pay the game. So in the beginning, did she have an advantage? As time progesses, have people been too intimidated to vote her off? She’s only had one vote against her, and that was Bobby John, the night he went. There has never been talk about booting her off. She’s always been considered to be in the alliance to make it to the final four. Well, now she has..will the tables turn on her?

The way I see it tonight..I’m hoping that Stephanie doesn’t win the first immunity. I think if she doesn’t, she may get voted out. If she does (which she has a great chance of doing) she’ll very well be a favorite to win. But I’d love to see her booted. Just because I think Stephanie has gotten a bit too cocky with her attitude and her chances of winning. She may say that she’s so shocked to have made it thus far, but deep down, I think she knows how much power she has over the other members of the team. I’d love to see Rafe and Lydia in the final 2, but I’ve gotten to like Danni. I didn’t like her in the beginning, but the past few episodes, she’s been able to play the game.

I think about the past few tribal councils, since Jamie, and Stephanie has turned against what she’s said, to get others voted out. She had said Jamie would be in the final 6, but that didn’t happen. Gary, that wasn’t a real shock. Judd, she totally betrayed him, and I hope Judd knows it. Cindy as well, who was voted out last week. Her and Stephanie talked about voting out Danni, and then eventually Rafe. But Cindy was sideswiped a bit, and I wonder if Cindy knows that Stephanie voted for her. But I don’t think any of the jury knows all of this…and it makes it for an interesting vote, when the final 2 are revealed. The jury could say “Stephanie really played the game, she deserves to win the million dollars.” But the jury could also say “what makes her deserve to win the million more than the other person? I don’t think she deserves to win it, b/c she already had a shot at it.” But then I think, that maybe the jury may be intimidated to vote for Stephanie. I really hope that they jury isn’t intimidated to vote for Stephanie.

Sometimes it isn’t the strongest player that deserves to win..but the one who kept their cool, and kept under the radar. Look at Tina, from Survivor Australia. She’d never won an immunity, but she never really caused any fire between tribe members. And she ended up winning that installment of Survivor. If Lydia makes it to the final 2, she very well could be another Tina. But I really really think she’ll go and be the next person to be voted out. I keep seeing previews for tonight’s episode, and it shows Jeff saying “15th person to be voted out of Survivor Guatemala is….” and he shows who it is, but you can’t see a reaction out of any of the tribes people. It then finishes the commercial. My partner said she saw a reaction from Rafe, so maybe Stephanie wins individual immunity..and the 3 girls get together to vote out Rafe because he’s a male. And to have 3 females in the final 3, that might be what they wanted. But then would that have meant that Danni betrayed Rafe?? I haven’t seen all of the Survivor shows…but have there ever been an all female final??? I’d be interested to find out.

I can’t wait to see the “live” verdict. I enjoy seeing how people have faired up since being booted off the show, in terms of physical appearance. That’s why I like seeing when the newest jury member comes out. It’s amazing to see how much someone has changed from the time they were part of the tribe. I will have to switch between Survivor and Queer as Folk, because QAF is on at 10, and Survivor finishes at 11:30. I could “cheat” and go online to find out. But I don’t want to do that…but knowing my luck, after I’ve finished this journal entry, I’ll see it announced somewhere online. I’ll try not to peek. I am usually a sucker though and always find out before the airing of the show.

-current mood-JUST CALM, for the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home