Sunday, December 04, 2005

Painting

Today, my partner and I went to her mum’s old place to help her paint. She’s re-modeling the kitchen, and has been doing a few renovations to her house because she’s going to put it on the market after Christmas. We were out late last night, and didn’t end up making it to her place till about 12:30. But when we got there, some of the painting had already been started. My partner’s sister came to help out, and had started putting the first coat of paint on. Well, the undercoat.

Without fail, no matter how careful I am, I always seem to get paint on myself. How is that possible?? It seems like even though I’m extremely careful, I still manage to find a way to get paint on myself. Lucky I was only doing the corners and edges, that I wasn’t “full hog” into the paint. The paint was also water based, so it was very easy to get off. But I hate getting paint on my clothes, and I always feel dirty after I’m finished painting. I don’t think there has ever been a time, where I haven’t gotten paint on myself. Regardless of how big or small the project is, paint is always to be found somewhere on my body.

The kitchen ended up turning out great, so I guess the bit of paint on myself was well worth it. Plus, I didn’t get as much paint on myself as some of the other people helping had. Hmm wonder if that means I didn’t work as hard. Ahhh, that’s alright, we still got the job done. My partner and I are both pretty buggered tonight though.

-current mood-BLOODY TIRED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home