Sunday, November 27, 2005

Incessant Snoring

My partner, when she’s extremely tired, snores like you wouldn’t believe. Yesterday, she worked overtime, and then ended up spending some time at her mum’s place after work. Her mum is re-modeling the kitchen and she wanted to see how it was progressing. She didn’t get home till about 7:00. Around 10:30, her eyes started getting droopy and we both were feeling very relaxed. I stayed up till about 2:00, then went to bed. I couldn’t sleep though (still excited about hearing our good news), so I did some reading. Soon, well into my reading, I heard her snoring. I thought to myself “self, what am I going to do??” I just let her sleep on the couch, she does it all the time when she’s really tired, and plus the couch is incredibly comfortable.

I think about 4:00 she came in and we went to bed. I couldn’t sleep, was wide awake, unfortunately. She then started snoring, and even with earplugs, I could still hear her snores. If I nudge her, she usually turns over to her side and the snoring stops. If I keep nudging her, she’ll sometimes wake up and get really peeved at me for waking her up. But I can’t sleep if she’s snoring. Lucky right now, I’m not working, so it’s fine if I don’t get enough sleep. But about 5:30, with her still snoring, I couldn’t handle it anymore. I put on my PJ bottoms, some socks, and grabbed two blankets and went into the lounge room. I had a hard time falling asleep because by this time, it was daylight. It seemed as though as I put my head to the pillow and actually fell asleep, I woke up to her going to the bathroom, and it was already 11:00. I couldn’t believe how quickly time had elapsed, and I was so tired. I still am pretty tired. I can barely keep my eyes open right now. But it might be good that I’m so tired, it’ll make me sleep well tonight. And let’s hope I sleep through all of the snoring!!

I’d like for my partner to go to the doctor to see if s/he can help fix the problem. I know there is a pretty easy procedure that helps with the snoring. I think the combination of my partner’s weight, and when she’s really tired and worn out, she snores loudly and doesn’t stop. It’s not a obnoxious snore, but obnoxious enough to where I can’t sleep. Even with earplugs, I find myself still lying awake. Let’s hope tonight is much more peaceful!!

-current mood-EXTREMELY TIRED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home