Sunday, November 20, 2005

My "girlfriend" had a baby

Okay, so my REAL girlfriend didn’t have a baby, but my fantasy girlfriend did. I’m a HUGE Jennifer Beals fan, even before The L Word. But when I saw her in The L Word, I was like “oh yeh…” But Jennifer Beals gave birth to a healthy baby girl a couple of days ago I believe. I had no idea that she was pregnant. I knew that her co-star Laurel Holloman was pregnant, but had no idea Jennifer was pregnant. Aww, I bet Jennifer’s baby is going to be an absolute jem, if she takes after her mummy’s genes. I haven’t seen The L Word, season 2 because it’s not been released here in Australia. But I wonder if Jennifer shows at all during the season. But then again, all the taping could have been finished by the time she started showing.

Seems like a lot of celebrities had the baby bug around the same time. Jennifer Beals just had a baby, Bec Cartwright/Hewitt (Aussie star) is due in one week, and Jennifer Garner isn’t she due pretty soon? Not to mention, Princess Mary (Aussie born but wed into the Danish royal family) had a son a month or so ago. Everyone around me is popping out with babies. My partner’s co-worker had a baby on Friday morning via C-section. She had a baby boy, 6lbs, 12 ounces, born a month early. They named him Tyler Stefano. We’re planning on going to see him later today.

I’m not a big fan of babies, but I do think it’s such a wonderful thing when you think about just how one’s life is brought into this world. It’s an amazing concept, and sometimes still I am in awe of it all when I see a newborn baby. Doesn’t make me want to have any, that’s for sure. But some babies are just so cute, and all the little quirky things they do when they’re growing up. I love knowing about gay and lesbian couples who either adopt or have children of their own. I think it’s wonderful, more so than when straight people have kids. I think maybe I think this way, because for most straight people, it’s so easy for them to conceive. Gay and lesbian couples have yet again, another hurdle to overcome in order to have a family.

So congrats to all the new mummies . Here’s to raising wonderful and healthy children who will hopefully grow up and make a difference in this world!

-current mood-HAPPY, loving the sunshine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home