Friday, November 11, 2005

Veterans Day

Just wanted to write a short entry, to hopefully bring a sense of warmth and pride to all those people who are still left who knew people who were war casualities. I know a few people (only through relatives) that died during various wars. I have mixed feelings about war in general, and especially the war in Iraq right now. But that still doesn’t stop me from feeling some sort of compassion and sincerity to all those people who lost loved ones. Recently I heard about the 2000th fallen soldier and then saw the image of the 2nd 1000 fallen soldiers. And it just made my heart go weak because it’s a true realization that they were all people. They were all partners, family members of someone. They all left behind people that loved them. And they were only doing their job, fighting for their country. For a good cause, well that is yet to be decided, well by me at least. But I still feel some sort of sadness for all the people who have lost someone special. Whether the war was years and years ago, or is still presently going on.

A fond memory I have growing up in the states, is that in a town nearby, we’d always go to the Veterans Day parade. The middle school band always participated, and even though we were the “outcast” school, we always participated. When I was in middle school, I joined the band (yes I was a “band geek” but at our school, being in the band didn’t mean you were so much as a “geek.”) and we participated in the parade every year. I think only once through out the three years we participated, we only placed 3rd once. But it was a major accomplishment, because ALWAYS, our team came in last. I think we may have even gotten 2nd place. But I do remember many celebrations among the frozen toes and fingers we all had.

So I’m taking a moment to remember all those who have been affected by a war in one way or another. May we all find peace and harmony.

-current mood-SENTIMENTAL for all the fallen soldiers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home