Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Muggy weather

I grew up in Oregon. In Oregon, there were not many days that were muggy. It rained a lot in Oregon, and yes, during the summers we’d get the occassional hotspell. I can remember summers where I’d lay outside baking in the hot sun, and I wouldn’t be able to last more than 15-20 minutes because it was too muggy for my liking. I remember I was always wiping my face with a towel because the sweat would just drip down my face. Not a very nice mental picture huh, but it was just so uncomfortable. I like it when it’s in the mid 70’s, and there is a slight breeze. But when it’s 80+ but no breeze, that’s when I begin to feel yucky.

Well, that’s sort of how I feel right now. It’s really muggy outside, I’m currently wearing shorts and a tank top. But the shorts are sticking to my skin, and I just feeling gross. Melbourne is so warm during the summers. A lot warmer than my body is used to. Aside from the hot scoarching sun, the humidity is always high. There is like absolutely NO breeze outside. I thought “aww great, 32 (C) today, I’ll get outside and enjoy the sunshine and work on my tan.” Nope, too muggy and yucky outside. Tomorrow is supposed to be 27 (C) tomorrow, maybe I’ll try to see if I can withstand the heat tomorrow.

-current mood-FEELING GROSS, because my skin is sweaty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home