Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

Today is Halloween, and this day brings back so many memories for me. Growing up, I HATED Halloween with a passion. I hated it, because every year, I knew I’d be scared. When I was little, a lot of things scared me. I can remember, from kindergarden to probably 3rd grade, at our elementary school, we’d have a Halloween parade. Teachers and each classroom would go parading around in their Halloween costumes. This one teacher, Mrs. Price, would always dress up as a witch. She had a mask and scared me every single year. I don’t think there was a year that didn’t go by that I didn’t cry when I saw her. But by the 4th grade, I was over the fear. But I think I’ve always been somewhat more scared than others about stuff like that.

I can remember looking at past Halloween pictures, and I was always either really happy in the picture, or miserable. Without fail, I would be one or the other. But now, I don’t dress up anymore or anything like that. It’s kind of hard to do here in Australia now. But it is hard to get into the spirit of things, when it’s really warm outside. I’m so used to freezing my bones off when I’d go trick or treating. But Halloween this year is going to be a quiet one. Hopefully we don’t get any trick or treaters, because we don’t have anything to give.

-current mood-HUNGRY for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home