Friday, October 28, 2005

Not a baseball fan, but when I saw this picture....

Okay, so I’m not a big baseball fan. I know the World Series are over (why do they even call it that, if it’s only among teams from the USA?) but I was browsing on “my yahoo” and this picture came up. I had to do a double take, because it’s not one I’d normally see. Being that there is still a lot of stigma toward gay people, especially gay men, I saw this picture and I had to look really close to see what was going on. The caption reads “Chicago White Sox manger Ozzie Guillen, left, gets a kiss from a well-wisher after the White Sox defeated the Houston Astros 1-0 in Game 4 to win the World Series for the first time since 1917, Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2005, in Houston. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)” A “well-wisher” that person looks like someone on the team. Does anyone know who Ozzie is kissing? Is it someone in his family? Or is it a complete stranger? Nonetheless, I just felt like I had to post this picture.

Quite ironic that there is a picture of Ozzie kissing another man (it IS a man yes, hey you never know) when in August he had an “issue” with some anti-gay comments he’d said. Ozzie stated that he was just joking around with a friend, but based on what he said, I’d be somewhat offended. But he was wrapped up in that controversy, and then a few months later, his full on lips kiss is displayed all over the internet.

Personally, I think it’s great. Maybe Ozzie was enjoying the excitement of winning the World Series and he just got carried away. But when I saw the picture last night, I knew I had to post about it.

-current mood-SO READY for the weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I understand, that's Sox manager Ozzie Guillen and his son.

October 29, 2005 10:33 am  
Blogger Amber said...

Ok, because I don't watch baseball, I'm had to look up which one was Ozzie Guillen. He looks decidedly uncomfortable, while the hot boy kissing him has his eyes closed and his arms pretty well wrapped around Ozzie. Interesting...I like the picture though.

Thanks for the link, by the way! I appreciate it!

November 02, 2005 8:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home