Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Who Wants to be a Millionare

Last night, on Millionaire, FINALLY someone won the million dollar prize here in Australia. The show has been on air for 6 years now, and finally a nice gentleman won. I believe he had 2 of his lifelines left at $125,000. After that, he had 3 questions left, used 2 lifelines, then just went ahead and had a go. The $500,000 question, was “what ivy league university gives out the Pultizer Prize award?” The options were, Columbia, Princeton, Harvard and Yale. The “coach” that was his nickname, did ask the audience. 23% said Harvard, then it was Princeton, then Yale and then Columbia was the least amount of votes. The coach went against the audience, and chose Columbia, because of the location. And he won the $500,000 dollars. Only 10 people have seen the million dollar question, and no one had taken the risk, at least I don’t think so. I could of course be wrong. Sooo, the million dollar question was “What 60’s show premiered first?” The options were Bewitched, Get Smart, Hogan’s Heros, and I Dream of Jeannie. I had to slap myself because I watch Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie every day, and everyday I see the ending credits with the copyright date. But it had phased me. Coach talked it out with himself, had no idea whether he was right or not, but took the risk. And it was a well paid off one. It was so exciting to watch on the tv. I myself would have liked to have been in that spot, but it was nice to see someone win it finally.

What made this guy decide to do this, is 5 years ago he went to a clairvoiant (sp) and she told him that in his 30’s he’d win a decent amout of money. Didn’t say how, but she had said something about studying I think. I personally have had skepticism about psychics and that sort of stuff, but I’m beginning to believe it. It sucks that it costs a lot in order to get a reading. My partner’s sister has gone to them a few times, and she even has “gut” feelings. But maybe we all have “gut” feelings. But one incident I can remember my partner telling me, is that they went to a psychic/clarivoiant (sorry if I’m putting them in the same category) and the woman had mentioned something about my partner’s ex fiance. I don’t know how long he had been dead, but there was mention of his name. Kind of eerie, but very exciting at the same time. I wish there was a way we’d be able to know whether we’ll get the good news that we want, and when. I’m not interested in psychic stuff, but I’d be interested in researching more about star signs and astrology. Not sure where to start. But nonetheless, Coach kept the recorded message, and it brought him his success. So I say “good on him!” It was well deserved I think, and it just put a glimpse of happiness and hope in my heart.

-current mood-CALM for the moment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home