Monday, October 17, 2005

Music and stress

In yesterday’s newspaper, there was an article about stress and music. It stated that if one is to play soothing music, such as nature type music, with rivers and waterfalls, that that calming sound is supposed to help relieve stress. So my partner and I hooked up some speakers to the DVD player in the bedroom, and we listened to some piano music I had. My partner doesn’t care much for piano music, she thinks it’s boring. But it soothed me and I actually felt relaxed going to sleep last night. I’m hoping to buy some other type of soothing music, but can’t seem to find it here in regular stores. I know back in the states, it’s really easy to find. I was feeling calm and collected last night, and I fell asleep pretty quickly. But then as soon as I woke up this morning, the butterflies and knots started back up. But I’m staying at my sister in law’s house this evening till my partner can come pick me up. That way I’m not in a house all alone. I’m hoping I’ll be able to do it for the next few days. But I know eventually I’ll have to handle being by myself.

My mum told me to give it 2 weeks before we hear something, and if we don’t by then, to start thinking about hiring a lawyer. I am really hoping, that we hear something sometime this week. I don’t know if they are going to send us a letter, saying yes, or no, or if we have to go in for another interview, or even if they’ll ring us on the phone. I’m crossing my fingers that our case officer received our letter today. On Sunday we’re having a bbq for my birthday, and I’m still praying and hoping that we’ll know something by then and have good news for us. But until then, the music is going to keep on being played while we fall asleep. If the only time I am NOT stressed is when I’m sleeping, well that will be just fine by me.

-current mood-AFRAID

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home