Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bad news

Such horrible news. I cry so hard as I write this. We went in for our interview today, and the interview was pretty much a lost cause. Lost cause, because at the end of the interview, the case officer said that the meeting was to talk about me being unlawful, and not so much about the genuineness and continuation of our relationship. He said because I was unlawful for over 60 days, our application now fell into a section 3. The officer pretty much said that we have 7 working days to write a letter explaining compelling reasons why this visa should be granted. But because 1) we don’t have kids, and 2) we’re not married, the compelling reasons seem so miniscule. But the officer told us to talk about our relationship, the emotional aspects, how we’d feel if we had to separate, all the times we went to visit each other..pretty much EVERYTHING we feel that makes us committed to each other. It didn’t matter that this mess was a misunderstanding, because I MYSELF didn’t ask specific questions, or tell the woman my passport details, it is now MY FAULT. And because it’s my fault, immigration doesn’t care.

I honestly don’t know what I’ll do if the appeal doesn’t go thru and I end up having to go back home. I can’t fathom that idea. The fact that my partner and I would have to separate would be devistating for both of us. Devistating because we had to part but not on our terms. We had it in our hearts and our minds that we’d be able to be together, and permanently..now that has been all shattered because of a misunderstanding. I mean, the immigration officer wrote “misunderstanding” on his notes, so he knows it, we know it, but I guess according to the LAW, it doesn’t matter. I feel as thou my heart has already died, and I haven’t even left yet. I still can’t understand why this has happened to us.

Please keep the prayers and well wishes coming out way. There still is a glimpse of hope. I’m hoping and praying that there is.

-current mood-ABSOLUTELY DEVISTATED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home