Thursday, October 06, 2005

Great news...yippeee

Well, the days and nights of stress have somewhat paid off. Even thou I’m still stressed, the worst part of my stress I believe is over. All those wonderful people telling me that everything will work out, that I need to stay positive, and me saying my serenity prayer all night last night..it’s all helped. Yes, folks, my partner and I FINALLY got a letter in the mail today. I was so wrapt, happy and filled with utter excitement.

We have our immigration meeting with our case officer next Wednesday, October 12th, at 12:30pm. Our case officer is male, and I hope he’s an easy going one at that. I woke up this morning, telling myself the serenity prayer, and that I was going to be calm and collected while going to the mailbox, and wasn’t going to expect anything. I open it up, and waa laa, the letter is there among our bills . I race back into the house, my partner was still in bed and I said “we got something!!!” She said “okay, open it up,” so I opened it up and started reading….and as soon as I read “we’d like to have you come in for an interview to assess your case” I was jumping with joy.

There was a bit of other paperwork just about providing evidence, and making sure that you have all the appropriate documentation. I’m hoping that that is just a “general” letter they send out to everyone, and that isn’t some indication that means we forgot to add something. I highly doubt we’ve forgotten something, we had over 250 items classified as “evidence to support our case.” I rang up DIMIA again and asked about it, and the guy Jacob, said that it’s only if you’ve forgotten to add something, or haven’t gotten all the paperwork (i.e. medical or police checks). I have my stat dec all prepared, because they mentioned something about having a statement saying why you didn’t have a valid visa, and why you believe the visa should be approved. That too, was a generic letter, wasn’t targeted to just me. But we’ll give the stat dec to the officer BEFORE he has our interview with us, that way he has ALL the evidence before talking with us.
I was talking to my partner last night, and I keep telling myself that God is still watching over us. The reason why I say that, is because we were contemplating whether to lodge the application in person or via postal mail. If we had done it via postal mail, we would have been in a lot more trouble I reckon. Well, maybe not trouble, but I think the outcome would have been different. Lucky for us, we found out I had been unlawful for as long as I did BEFORE we lodged the application. And I was able to write a statement then, to be included with our application. Had we not known, our application may have been denied right then and there. So that in itself, to me, is some positive sign that God or someone is watching over us.

So now we have less than a week before our interview. We have no idea what it will entail. We do know that some couples have had interviews together, while others have had it separately. Some interviews have taken like 15-20 minutes, while others have taken hours. My partner and I really want to have the interview together. I know we’ll both be extremely nervous, as to be expected. But my partner has issues with interviewing and talking to people, I think it’s anxiety. There is a lot at stake, but we both have to stay positive.

I keep on worrying that we don’t have enough evidence, of cohabitation for 12 months, but we have a lot of stuff. It’s just that a lot of stuff isn’t in both our names. But I explained it in our own stat decs, that we don’t have a lot of stuff in both our names..because we wanted to make 100% sure that we would be in this for the long haul before we did. We have a gas/electricity bill in both our names, but it’s hard to put both people’s names on certain things..a lot of mucking around. And we have bought a few big items together, but couldn’t put my name on the account b/c I have no credit here. But with all of our evidence, anyone can see that we’re a couple, and that we’re both financially dependent on each other. Well, actually I’m more dependent on her, because I’m not working. I’m sure we’ll be able to explain all of this during our interview. We mentioned that once the temporary residency went thru, and I was able to stay, we’d change the accounts, and get my name in all of them, minus the ones related to my partner’s house. That’s her house, and she earned it before I even came into the picture. When we are able to buy/build a new house together, my name will be included. But it’s hard to think about building a life together, when there is that note of doubt…because we don’t know if immigration is going to approve us or not. Wouldn’t that be horrible, if we got denied because we didn’t have enough evidence?? I highly doubt that….and I’m going to keep on thinking positive!!!

-current mood-SOOO HAPPY because we got a letter finally, and an interview

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home