Sunday, October 02, 2005

Weekend cleanup

Today was another gorgeous day. Yesterday was beautiful, warm, and I worked up a little sweat. Yesterday my partner and I went to her mum’s place to clean up a few rooms. Her mum is going to eventually sell her house, and on Tuesday, new carpet is going to be put in, in certain portions of the house. So we spent most of yesterday cleaning up the rooms, and just cleaning up in general.

I was kind of peeved off, because my mum in law, since October I think, had 2 boys from the Footscray Football Club living with her as tenants. And man, all I can say is, I’m SO glad I don’t live with men. I did for 2 years, and it wasn’t too bad. But these two footy players, they were such slobs. Luckily they’ve both moved out. But one of the boys had a waterbed, and he was supposed to come over yesterday to help empty the bed and then move it. He’s going to Adelaide for 4 weeks, so we needed to put his stuff in storage. We rang him 2 times, but he didn’t end up showing up. So WE had to do it. I wasn’t very impressed.

We came to help clean the house, came with nothing and left with a bunch of stuff. Even thou I’m not a big fan of moving, it’s find to help someone move because someone is always going to be throwing away stuff. My partner’s mum is a major packrat, and she had SO much junk. Traci and my mum in law’s partner was chucking everything out, it was kind of funny. But I guess you have to do that, because if everything was kept, there wouldn’t be enough room in the house to keep stuff.

Today was our day for cleanup. We borrowing a trailer from my partner’s sister, and got up, and just cleaned up the back yard. My partner bought a hedgetrimmer last night, and just went crazy with the bushes and trees. I was in the front, and there were a couple of BIG ivy plants that were crawling up the house in two different areas. I spent most of the day trying to get everything all down. In the front area of the house where some of the vines were, I think the neighbor cats liked to use our front garden area as a potty box, because it smelled rank. Good think it didn’t take me as long to do the very front area.

I was in the middle of my job, when I heard a scream. I asked what the problem was, and should have known…my partner has a fear of spiders, and there was a Huntsman (scary looking spider here in Astralia) crawling near her. She was taking down this HUGE vine that now was a wall of vines next to the shed, and as she was unscrewing the screws that kept the wire up, she saw the spider. It was a baby spider in comparison to some of the ones I’ve seen. Now, I’m not a big fan of spiders, and they have some pretty deadly ones here in Australia. But I always seem to be the one who has to do the killing. Yes, I DO kill spiders. I tried to kill it, but it crawled down farther down the wall. I ended up having to finish inscrewing the wires, and finally found the spider. I took a broom I had, and I caught the spider in the broom, and then punched the broom. I’m quite the hunter eh?? There were a few little spiders, but nothing drastic.

Quite tired now, on our way to go grocery shopping. I reckon tomorrow we’ll both be a little sore. And I’d bet a few bucks that my partner will not want to go to work tomorrow. We both got a bit banged up today. But hey I got a bit of color on my arms today, and I got to wear shorts…so it was yet another BEAUTIFUL weekend.

-current mood-HAPPY because it's Spring and it FEELS like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home