Sunday, September 25, 2005

Night with Friends

Last night, my partner and I went to a friend’s house for dinner. This friend is someone who works with my partner, and his partner (yes male) is from Canada. They’re going thru the same immigration process as us, but fortunately for them, they have an interview the middle of October. But we went to their house for dinner, along with another co-worker of my partners, as well as 4 other people.

Dinner was absolutely gorgeous, this boy can really cook. But we ended up staying till 1 in the morning just talking and BS’in about anything and everything. On the drive home, I got thinking about how nice it is to be around other gay people. We’re able to talk about things with openness, and not wonder if we’re going to offend anyone. Thou of course, one of the guys that was there last night, sure had a mouth on him. But he was bloody funny. He’s your stereotypical flamin’ gay guy. But he sure knows how to have a good laugh. My partner couldn’t stop laughing at this guy. Every time he’d open his mouth to tell a story, my partner would be in fits of laughter. He’s the sort of guy that is able to “bounce” things off of my partner. They were both giving each other a hard time about everything.

My partner and I don’t have a lot of friends amongst us, but it’s more because we’re both pretty quiet people. But being able to go out last night, have a laugh, a drink or two, it relaxed me a little bit. Even thou I haven’t been eating propery, because I’m too stressed out, last night’s dinner was fantastic. It has been awhile since we’ve been out with friends like that, and I look forward to doing it again. Just being around these people I felt comfortable with, it made me want to be allowed to stay here in Australia all the more. These kinds of people are people you want to remain life long friends with.

One thing I really enjoyed about the company last night was the fact that they were not into the drama of gay life. They do go to clubs and bars once in awhile. But they’re there to have a drink and a good time. Not to see who’s sleeping with who and finding ways to stab people in the back. My partner and I are both NOT into that sort of stuff, and it’s nice to find other couples who aren’t either. Even thou one guy was “flirting” with another, it wasn’t threatening, it was more funny, and probably the alcohol talking. But it was nice to surround ourselves around couples who enjoy being monagmous and commited to each other, not those who are deeply involved in the “stereotypical” drama filled life.

-current mood-ENERGIZED

1 Comments:

Blogger Time To Move On said...

Ahhhhh, I so miss the gay boys in my life. Where have all the boys gone? I do have hope, though. We met a fine specimen at the MAC counter the other day. I plan to stop by and see him again.

I know what you mean about gay drama. That explains why our nearest friends are an hour away.

September 27, 2005 2:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home