Friday, October 07, 2005

1 day down, 5 more to go

Well, I’ve survived yet another day. That means only 5 more days till our interview. 5 more days till my partner and I will be able to “officially” start our lives together. Yes, we’re thinking positive, and we’re thinking that we’ll be granted my temporary residency. Just have to decide whether my partner should take Wednesday night off, or if she wants to take the night off of my birthday. I told her it really didn’t matter to me. It’d be great if she took the Wednesday off, if we knew we had been given the temporary residency in my passport..that’d be something really worth celebrating. But sometimes the officers do the interview, and then later, will grant the visa. But we’re both thinking positive, and thinking that it’ll be granted str8 away. No doubt thou that my partner will ask at the end of the interview

I did some research last night about drivers licenses here in Australia. I heard that I had to take the knowledge test before I could get a State of Victoria license. But I went to the website last night, and it stated, that if you have a current drivers license or on that hasn’t expired in over 5 years, that if you’re from a listed country (which the USA is) you’re not required to take a test. So I’m crossing my fingers that I don’t have to. Technically I don’t have to, until I’m made a permanent resident. Once I’m made a permanent resident, I have 3 months to get a State of Victoria license. But I’ll have to cease my USA license. But I don’t want to do that. I might be able to keep the USA license if I say I use it as an identification card. Just in case something was ever to happen, or if one day my partner and I decided to move to the states..I’d want that license so I wouldn’t have to get another one. I’m not a test taker, AT ALL, and that would only put more fuel to the fire…i.e. stress in my life. At least I don’t have to worry about it for 2 years.

It’s so crazy at how many things I have to do, or had to do when I moved here. Here in a few years, probably actually next year, I’ll have to go and order more passport pages. I think I have 4 pages left. Enough for this temporary resident visa, and enough for one more trip to the states and back. I’ll probably get all of my documentation I need back in the states, that way I don’t have to worry about money orders and converting it all. Then when I get back here, I’ll order my passport pages. There is an office in the city that does US passports and all that jazzy stuff. I won’t have to renew my passport till 2010. And by then, I might even be able to apply for dual citizenship, all the better eh?

-current mood-CALM, for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home