Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My other kitty


I got to thinking, about all this recent attention toward my kitty Charlie, my other kitty Toby probably feels left out . I thought I’d post a picture of him. I had a picture of him in my post titled “Toby” but did some editing and ended up removing the picture. It’s been quite a few months since I’ve actually seen Toby. Well, on the webcam that is. My sister was having some complications with her computer, so I don’t know if she ever got her webcam to work. Hopefully I’ll be webcamming with my family for Thanksgiving, and I’ll be able to see my darling Toby then. But my sister keeps me updated on Toby and all the “quirky” things he enjoys doing. I’m glad that my sister and her husband have Toby, but I sure do miss him.

I was hoping that by now, I would have been able to get a new kitty. My partner said that once I was made a resident we’d consider getting a kitty. But because this process is taking forever, I’m still waiting. When ever we go to the pet shop, I always have to stop in to see if there are any cute kitties. I wouldn’t buy one at the petshop, I’d rather spend my money on a kitty at the humane society. But sometimes going to the petshop, it makes me really sad. I see cats and dogs there in such confined spaces and I just feel so sorry for them. If I had it my way, I’d take them all home. I of course, know that’s not possible, but I just feel so bad. I’m even worse when I go to the humane society. I remember when I picked Toby up, there were sooooo many kittens and cats that were ready to be adopted. It just breaks my heart knowing that so many of them are put to sleep. But people are careless and don’t de-sex their animals..which is unfortunate. Animals don’t understand, and when people end up being careless and get their animals pregnant, it’s their own fault. People need to realize that de-sexing IS something crucial, otherwise we’ll keep on sending more and more animals to the humane society, which will then eventually be put to sleep because there are not enough people in this world to adopt out all of the animals.


-current mood-HUNGRY for something sweet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Your cats are so cute! I love cats, and I feel the same way you d about the animals at th pet store and at the humane society. I got both my kittens as foster cats, and I don't do that anymore or else I'd have one million cats -- they're all so cute!

November 15, 2005 6:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home