Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Family Portraits

My partner and I are going along with her family (sisters and their family) to get family portraits done later today. The weather is nice, a bit bright for the ol’ eyes, but at least it’s not raining. We’ve decided that for Christmas this year, instead of buying each other pressies, we’re all going to chip in for the amount of buying everyon pictures. We’re giving the big family portrait photos to my partner’s parents, and then we’ll all get some photos as well. My partner will get some photos of just her and her sisters, along with many other combinations.

We’ve decided to have a friend take the pictures and then we’ll get them developed elsewhere. It’s a lot cheaper having someone take your photo, as in a friend, then to go somewhere and have them done. Plus, usually at a professional place, they look too “set up.” Hopefully at the park where we are going, it’ll seem more natural, and more comfortable for everyone. Plus, we’ll be able to get the pictures put on a disc and will be able to do what we want with the proofs. And it won’t cost as much money, thankfully.

I remember for my high school senior portraits I went and got them professionally done. It wasn’t a glamour shots type of place. This guy was excellent. He did my sister’s senior portraits, mine, as well as my brothers, when we all graduated. But he had like ½ of an acre of land and had so many different scenes you could choose from. Plus he had an inside studio that could be used as well. We had to bring 4 changes of clothing, and then he did everything else. I seriously felt like a model, but at the same time, it wasn’t a cheesy type of photoshoot. My little claim to fame, he used one of my photos and displayed it in his shop, took it with him when we went out on displays (like the ones you see at the shopping centres) and I even had my picture in the brochure. I felt pretty honored. My one and only shot at modeling .

But I hope that these photos turn out. I might send one to my parents if they are good enough. I know my mum wants to have a pic of my partner and I for her Christmas cards this year, but I don’t know if we’ll be able to get them to her in time. Knowing her, if I tried to send her one via email, she wouldn’t know what to do with it after that. My mum is a very smart woman, but when it comes to technology, she isn’t so savvy.

-current mood-HAPPY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home