Monday, November 21, 2005

Australian Idol

I’m an Idol fan, whether it be American Idol or Australian Idol, I enjoy watching the show. I have seen all of the American Idols, and the 2 most recent Australian Idols. I usually watch Idol in the very beginning, where they have the auditions. I can’t help but laugh at some of the “unforgettables” but then I like to see if I can pick out any potential winners.

Last year, I came into Australian Idol when the top 12 was just picked and I think the first person to go had been eliminated. The Idol contestants winded down, week by week, and it ended up between the favorite, Anthony, and the dark horse, Casey. All the teeny poppers loved Anthony, he had the looks the voice, and many supporters. Casey was young, only 16, but had an incredible voice. Casey ended up winning the covated title, and everyone was so shocked. Many have said that Anthony should have won, and based on his success, he just may have been the better singer. But Anthony was considered “good looking” everywhere you go, if his name is called or said, little girls scream his name. I think the combination of his good looks and voice, got him him to the success he has gotten to. Sex sells, as we are all very aware, and Anthony was able to do just that.

This season was a different story. There wasn’t a top 12, but a top 13, because there was one contestant that people were flabbergasted as to why she got in, but another contestant didn’t. So with a lot of talk and consideration, they allowed another one to come back in, after she didn’t make it in the wildcard round. So every week, people sang, people left. It is now down to two women, Kate and Emily. This will be the first Australian Idol that has an all women’s final. I’m glad it’s an all women’s final, for the fact that this year it seems more like who is the better singer, not who has more sex appeal. They sang for the last time last night, sang 3 songs, one each including the single that will be released when they win. I haven’t seen last night’s episode but I’m sure tonight, they will give a thorough rundown of last night’s events.

But tonight is the Grand Finale. I remember last year, people had a week to vote, but this time it’s only one night. The top 13, along with other Idol winners and runner ups will be there, at the Sydney Opera house. A lot of talking and excitement will go on, and then probably around 9:30 or even later, the winner will be announced, and they will sing their new single. Between the two contestants, Emily is the favorite to win. She’s got an incredible voice and can belt out any Whitney Houston song you ask, with ease and grace. Kate, has been the dark horse of this season. I knew she had a good voice, but I didn’t think she would have gotten as far as she has. But she’s got her own style, and either contestant could win.

In one aspect I think it would be better to be the runner up. Even though you don’t get the title of “Australian Idol,” you get more time to put out an album. The person that wins Australian Idol, only has I think like a week to put out an album. The runner up, gets to take more time and figure things out. And in the history of Australian Idol, the runner up, has always done better than the person that actually won. So we’ll see what happens tonight. Personally, I don’t care who wins. I wanted Emily to be in at least the top two, and she made it. So either gal, doesn’t matter to me who wins. I say good luck to them both, and may the better individual win.

-current mood-RELAXED, for the most part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home