Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's official.....

I am NOW a resident of Australia. Even though it’s only a temporary residency visa I’m on, it’s good for two years. My partner and I received a call yesterday from our case officer. He rang to let me know that the my application was now approved. He asked if we wanted to come in and pick up the approval letter, along with all of our official documents. We said sure, and told him we’d pick it up today.

So this morning we got up, and trucked ourselves to the city DIMIA office. We got there about 1:00, and there were so many people. We went up to the 23rd floor, where the residence office was, and I told the receptionist, that I was here to pick up my approval letter and all of our original documents. I think I said official to her…but she looked on her desk and she started to say “I can’t seem to find it..” And I thought “oh great, just what we need.” So I told her who our case officer was, and she ended up finding our documents.

We went downstairs, to the main level again, and there was quite a line. I got through the line to get a number quick enough, but we waited probably 30-40 minutes till we were able to be seen. I of course, had bunch of questions to ask, and the guy was really nice. He told me to “fire away” with my questions, while he was printing out my visa. But everything was great, no surprises this time .

Our nightmare is finally over. Even though temporary residency doesn’t guarantee permanent residency, the chances of me NOT getting residency, will be slim. Unless the relationship ceases, or I become a serial criminal, I’ll more than likely get my residency. So yippee . My partner and I decided that we’d do a combination celebration, for our anniversary and for getting my residency. I can work, I can do just about anything. I’m so happy and so relieved!!!! (Can’t you tell???)

-current mood-OVER THE MOON!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIPPPEEEEE!!!! Congrats Diane!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! I am so happy for you and Tracy!!! Good luck on your residency!! Mine was pushed back til March :( But time will tell!!

Hugs
~Lb:)

December 22, 2005 11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home