Saturday, December 10, 2005

Cancer update

My partner and I went to visit her sister today. We had talked to her over the phone yesterday about what was going on with her whole situation. Luckily, what we were told, wasn’t all that true. What I mean by this, is my partner’s mum kind of took this “lump” scenario and blew it out of porportion. Yes, my sister in law has a lump, yes she’s had some scans, but no, the doctor doesn’t seem to think it’s life threatening. The reason why the doctor said to have the biopsy, was just to find out what’s going on. Evidently, in her scans, the lumps are commonly known to have fluid in them. But the one that my sister in law has, seems to have some hard substance in it. So the biopsy is just to figure out what the heck is going on.

But my sister in law doesn’t seem like she’s worried, and that’s a relief to the both of us. One thing the doctor told her, was that it would be a good idea if she quit smoking. My partner and I both thought “fantastic idea.” My sister in law and her husband have been smoking for 25+ years, and they’ve both tried to quit, but it never was able to stick. But maybe with the help of the doctor, she’ll be able to quit smoking. And if maybe both her and her husband do it together, they’ll both be able to beat the smoking issue. I really hope they do, because it’s not only bad for their health, but it’s bad for their son’s health, for having to inhale it..not to mention, it’s a pretty nasty habit to have. But then again, that’s just my humble opinion. But I’m glad to know that this cancer scare doesn’t seem to be as bad as we thought. So crossing my fingers, that it stays that way.

-current mood-MY LIPS ARE CHAPPED, so I feel chapped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home