Monday, December 05, 2005

Holiday work

So on Wednesday, I went and emailed my resume to the place where I worked last Christmas. My mum in law rang the hiring peeps there and told them about me and my situation. I got a call today, to say that I could start working. I just needed to get my TFN and bank details all set up and all that jazzy stuff. The job is only working retail, but it will hopefully keep a bit of an income coming in, until I find something more permanent for me. I told them I was interested in a casual holiday position, just because I didn’t want to commit myself long term. But if they ask, I’ll tell them, that it’s for the holidays, but will work longer until I find something else, b/c I have another job prospect. But they don’t have to worry about me going through the induction again or any sort of training, which I think helped.

I started worrying because I didn’t know how I was going to get to and from work. Because I don’t have a car right now, and work is about 30 minutes away…the idea of bus, that’d take forever and a day to get to work. But lucky for me, my mum in law’s boyfriend has a 2nd car that she’ll use. And I will be able to use her car. This is just temporary because I think we’re planning on buying me a car within the next few weeks or so. Just something that will get me to and from work…then once I’m able to start working, and have established some work history here in Australia, I’ll probably take out a loan for a better car. We more than likely will put this car under my partner’s name, even though we have some money set aside to pay for it. We’ll see what happens though. I don’t want a hunk of junk, but I do want something reliable. But hey, I get to start working, even if it’s not a “real” job yet. Okay, not a “real” job but a job that’s going to be a long term one.

I just hope to be able to keep up with emails and friends…and of course my blog. I will certainly do my best to keep up. But please, if it takes me awhile to get back to you all, don’t be alarmed. I’m now a working woman .


-current mood-SWEATY, it's hot outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home