Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Car salespeople

This weekend, my mum in law’s boyfriend came with me to look at cars. We have a budget, for how much we can afford, for a vehicle for me. It’s not much, but it’s just something that will “tie” me over, until I have established some credit history, to where I can get a car loan. I’m sure I’d be able to get one from the car dealership, but I know they charge an arm and a leg in interest. We’d more than likely borrow from a bank. Anyway, we went to probably about 10 different car places to look at cars. My partner and I didn’t want to go ourselves because we hate the feeling that we get when we go to places like that. Guys see two women walking into a carshop and automatically assume “they don’t know anything…” and then will proceed to try and scam us. We’re not that stupid, we know some things about cars, but yet, as an “intimidation” tactic, I brought a guy along. The boyfriend is good, he knows when to say “no” and when to say “we’re just looking.”

We went to this one dealership and this guy was utterly annoying to me. I didn’t like it straight away. You know, how sometimes you just see someone and they give you a bad vibe? This guy did, without a doubt. He wasn’t a sleeze, but he just made me feel uncomfortable. We started looking at this pretty cheap car. And he kept saying “this is great deal…only such and such price.” And every time we’d look at something he’d say “look, looks like new, no?” He had an accent, not an Aussie one, and the broken English just irritated me. I guess that’s my own issue to deal with, people who speak in broken English . But he kept telling us how great of a price the car was, and what a great deal we were getting. But in truth, I thought it was a hunk of junk. The boyfriend and I talked later, and we figured it wasn’t really in the best interest, to buy a car for 2 grand…even though it may have been cheap, it wasn’t worth it, in the long run. I pretty much told the boyfriend that I didn’t like the car, and I didn’t like the salesperson. He just rubbed me the wrong way. He kept pushing, and pushing, and I absolutely hate it when people do that, when I’m trying to just “look.” I could never be in telemarketing or sales of that sort, I don’t have the personality for it. This guy did, but at the same time, her utterly annoyed me. I just let him jabber on with the boyfriend, and did my own thing.

-current mood-SORE, my calves are killing me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home