Monday, January 09, 2006

How the interview went

You know when you finish an interview and you just have a bad feeling about it?? Well, that’s sort of how I felt after the interview today. The people I had interview me were both very nice and very friendly. But I think the combination of my nerves, and me just being unprepared (or maybe out of the loop from working) I felt like I could have been more articulate with my answers. Most of my questions were behavioral questions dealing with “give me an example of….and what happened” kind of thing. A few questions I had to think long and hard before answering, and other times I would answer a question, but it didn’t seem specific enough. I felt jumbled and felt like I could have explained myself far better than I did.

I was told that I would be receiving a call, either way (yes or no to the job). And if I “pass” this section, then I’d have to do some personality testing, as well as meeting with the other team members. During that time, I’d be able to watch what exactly the job entailed. I think the women interviewing me put a lot of emphasis on the fact that the work load was extremely high. They said “we’re not trying to discourage you or anything, but this job load, is extremely high.” By the end of the interview I said “if you don’t think I have the qualifications for this job, I’m more than happy to take a job that you may see more fit for me.” I wanted them to know that I was really interested in working and that I’d be willing to go the extra mile if I had to to get the learning and training.

But after the interview, I just had a disheartening feeling overcome me. I know it’s not healthy to be thinking negatively, and I’m trying not to. But I just seemed to get a sense that maybe they didn’t think I was qualified, or had what it took to be able to do the job. After getting back home, N rang me to ask how I thought the interview went. I told her that I wasn’t that confident. She told me not to stress too much, and that hopefully everything would work out. She told me she’d talk to one of the women that interviewed me, and suss her out a bit to see how she thought I did. I don’t know if it’s worse that they haven’t rang me yet to say I got the job or not..or if it’s better that they haven’t rang me. They don’t have to check my references or anything of that nature. The two women just have to talk together and figure out whether they think I’m able to handle the job. So keep your fingers crossed that I DO get a phone call,
and that it’s that I have successfully received the job.

-current mood-NOT feeling confident at all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have my fingers crossed and am saying a prayer that you get the job, hun.

don't know if this is any help, but it wouldn't be worse if you felt that you nailed it and it didn't come through?

Much love and prayers,
your Rainey

January 09, 2006 10:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home