Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Slow cooker

I got a slow cooker for Christmas from my partner. I have wanted one of these things for quite some time. I remember when I was living with my sister, she would always find something to cook in the slow cooker..or also known as a crock pot. My mum, growing up, would always make a stew or some great soup with leftovers. I grew up with a lot of cooked meals used by a slow cooker. I’ve joined a few slow cooker recipe groups, but haven’t found much that has really struck my interest.

I haven’t made anything from the slow cooker yet. I have been trying to find some recipes, and or ideas that I can use to make something. So if any readers have any great slow cooker recipes, please pass them onto me. Send me an email, or the link. I’m mainly interested in recipes that are; soups, stews, anything with chicken, chili, and maybe even some baked goods. I did hear that you can make baked goods (cakes and such) in a slow cooker. If anyone’s ever had success with that sort of thing, I’d like to know.

I guess I’d also like to know if there are any tips or hints to a successful slow cooker meal. So share, if you’re a slow cooker user, or share if you just want to ::smirks::


-current mood-ITCHY LEGS, from the sunburn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great place to find recipes: http://www.thatsmyhome.com/slowcooker/


One of my all time favorite sites (I have more if you are interested!)

http://www.recipezaar.com/

January 04, 2006 12:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home