Friday, December 30, 2005

Holiday Bowl



Today (8pm PST) my alumni university football team is playing in the holiday bowl. When I was living at home, I watched college football religiously. I didn’t watch all of the games, but any game that was televised that had the University of Oregon Ducks playing, I was there. And of course, every year, the “civil war” game (the two state university teams..i.e. Oregon State and University of Oregon) was always a fun game to watch. All of my family members are Oregon State alumni. I myself, am the lone University of Oregon alumni. So after every game, one or the other is celebrating, and of course rubbing it in..about how their team beat the other team.

This is the second time I’ve been in Australia during the college football season, and unfortunately haven’t been able to watch any of it on tv. We get Fox Sports and ESPN but they don’t televise all of the games..just the important ones. But nevertheless, I’ve been keeping up on the games and the Oregon Ducks. I miss watching the games, but there isn’t a whole lot I can do. So I guess I have to make due with just reading about it on the internet.

The Oregon Ducks will be playing the Oklahoma Sooners in the Holiday Bowl. I know I shouldn’t be complaining, but I was hoping, that because the Oregon Ducks were ranked 6th this season, that they’d have a better bowl bid. The only team that the Ducks lost to, were the USC Trojans..the number one team in the nation. But I guess this will be somewhat of a preview of what is to come, because I believe the Oregon Ducks will be playing against Oklahoma next season. I think it’s anybody’s game. Even though the Ducks are ranked and Oklahoma isn’t, that doesn’t mean much. I know the Ducks have had a few injuries. But they still managed to pull off the 6th ranking this season. I will be anxiously waiting to read the results later on tonight.


-current mood-ANNOYED, because I'm having "issues" with downloading songs onto my Ipod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home