Sunday, January 08, 2006

Nice short sleeve tops

It’s the middle of summer, there are a lot of nice summery type clothes out there. But I can’t seem to find any nice short sleeved tops. There are plenty of long sleeve tops (the kind you wear under jackets/suits) and plenty of tank tops and string bikini tops. But to find a nice short sleeved top, with buttons and a collar, that seems impossible. I’ve seen black and white short sleeved tops, but the short sleeved one I HAVE found, are either too “busy” or just plain don’t exist.

I would think that it being summer, people wanting to wear more than just tank tops. What about the professional people who wear jackets to work, what do they wear underneath? Not all places are air-conditioned so they may need to take their jackets off. I doubt most professional places allow tank tops to be worn. If the nice short sleeved tops are not available right now, just when will they be available. I can just see it, just when I want to start looking for long sleeve or ¾ length shirts, they’ll have all short sleeved ones available. The logic of what is out there for sale, doesn’t fit with the seasons. Maybe short sleeved tops are an autumn or even a spring thing?

If you want into the mens department, there are heaps of short sleeved nice tops. But that’s not the sort of thing I’m looking for. WELL, if I had it my way, I’d wear them. But I think this job, I need to be more feminine in my looks. Don’t count on me wearing a skirt or anything. But I do think that wearing a men’s shirt isn’t going to work for me. Maybe once down the line, I can see just what others are wearing, to find out my niche in terms of appearance. But there are so many nice short sleeved tops for men, but darned if I can find any for women.

If I get this job, I’ll be wearing suits and jackets, with slacks. Not something I’m used to. I don’t mind dressing professionally, but my last job, we were able to wear anything but shorts. I enjoy wearing a tie on the odd occasion, but my partner hates it. But I have to admit, without sounding conceited ::smirks:: I look pretty sharp wearing a suit with a tie. It’s catchy, but as my partner says “a bit blokey…” If only there were more feminine shirt sleeved shirts out there, I’d have no problems. ::shaking head in dissapointment:: I guess I’ll have to keep on
looking.

-current mood-I FEEL PRETTY YUCKY..I think the combination of the "visitor" coming, and tomorrow's interview, it's made me feel pretty rank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home