Saturday, January 07, 2006

Dreams

I keep having dreams about what my interview is going to be like on Monday. I know they’re totally way off base of what will really happy, but my mind is going a thousand miles a second, trying to prepare myself for Monday. I know that there isn’t a lot I can do to physically prepare myself. I have to just try and think of all my past jobs, my experiences, and hopefully think of “what if” situations and be able to articulate them. But even before I knew I had this interview on Monday, I was having dreams about how these people were going to contact me.

I think the hardest part for me right now..is the fact that it’s been 3 years since I had an interview that meant something, and it’s been over a year since I’ve actually had to use my brain. My mum says that interviews are like riding a bike..once you’re on, it’s smooth sailing. But there are so many factors that are important to this interview, that I think I’m worrying myself way too much. I’m excited about the job, and really hope I get the chance to work at this place. And I know I’ll be devastated if I don’t get the job. That means I’d have to keep working in retail, and have to start from zero in job hunting. But I can’t think like that. I have to keep on staying positive, otherwise I’m going to make myself sick with worry. But then again, that’s just who I am.

When I woke up this morning after my most recent dream, I began to think more about the meaning of my dream. More so, meaning of dreams in general. People say that if we eat certain foods, it affects our dreams. People also say that dreams give some sort of sign or indication to real life. But how much of our dreams are truth? And what really causes us to dream what we do dream? I understand that certain “events” have certain meanings but what does all the other stuff mean?? I remember in college I did a paper on dreaming in color or black and white. Don’t ask me exactly what it was about because I couldn’t tell ya ::smirks:: But I do think the end result was that more people dreamt in color than black and white.

I often wonder where do people come from in our dreams? When I ask this, what I mean is, is the people that we have NO idea who they are. People who are complete strangers to us. People who, if the dream is set at a department store, who are the people walking by? Where did they come from? In my dream last night, the people interviewing me, who are they? Are they actually real people?? If they are, how did they come to appear in my dream? If they’re not real people, how did my mind still think about devising them to appear in my dream?

I think dreams are facinating..and I love hearing about other people’s dreams and why they think they’ve dreamt what they have. I think if I had more time on my hands, I’d love to take a dream interpretation class. Maybe for the time being, I’ll find a book to read at the local library!


-current mood-HAPPY, I just spent some time talking with my mum on the webcam.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know we all dream; i just haven't remembered any in a really really long time...guess my subconscious doesn't have any messages thing it wants to tell me yet...

Good luck with the interview, luv. My ex told me about this guy in her office who wanted to transfer departments. He had a really good record and CV, but in the end he didn't get it. Why?

The interviewer felt that he had a colorless, dry personality.

And i guess that's the pupose of interviews; why else have them?

To get a sense of the person, see if there will be a good fit, and most important of all-to check out the chemistry.

I know you'll do well! You're bright, articulate, compassionate and wise. Also, don't forget you were a cheergurl once! So let's see some of that gaylicious spirit!

You rock! You're set! You're gonna get the job!

You go, gurl! You're rule, ok? :D

January 08, 2006 5:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

should be

You rule, ok?

sorry, hun...had another blonde moment; kinda happening more often lol

January 08, 2006 5:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home