Monday, May 29, 2006

Grandpa passed away

My grandpa who turned 94 May 16th passed away yesterday. I knew that he was not doing well, and that he only had about a week left. I called my mum (my Saturday) and she stated Hospice thought Monday would be my grandfather's last day. He ended up passing away around 4:30pm Saturday evening, Pacific Standard Time. My mum was with him, and she kept holding his hand and letting him know that it was "okay" for him to go.

I know grandpa is at a better place now, but that doesn't take away from him not being there. It's hard to believe he's gone. Gone means no more, the reality of it hasn't quite hit. It's final, and there's nothing that can be done to bring him back. My grandpa lived a great life, and he's an amazing person. I just wish I had the chance to say goodbye.

I got an email from my sister last night, and ended up ringing my mum. I know that it was 4:30 in the morning, but I gathered mum wouldn't have gotten much sleep. She's going through a rough time right now, and I feel so bad that I can't be there. The longer we talked on the phone, the more mum became sad. By the end of the conversation, I could hardly understand her she was crying so hard.

Right now I'm pretty sad. I had a shit of a day at work, and I just feel like crap. So please, if you've sent me emails and messages, don't think I've forgotten about you. I'll definitely try to get to your emails and messages in the next few days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diane i'm really sad this has happened to you and i know just how you feel after the loss of my own grandad 3 year's ago. One thing's 4 sure they're are in a better place now... in heaven with god, which is incidentally were we all/most of will meet up again ) A'side from this thing's are going great for me at work, in fact i'm on holiday next week ( last year's holiday entitlement... ) as we are having new upvc widow's installed to replace the wooden one's, then after the end of june i'm entitled to another 4 week's holiday. As for susie barratt... she's history to me, other's were right about her... she's a nut total case.. fact. rache.

June 05, 2006 5:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home