Sunday, May 21, 2006

I'm Coming Home

Yesterday my partner and I booked our flights. Last week, I was able to get 16 days off of work, during the Christmas holiday season. We'll be leaving the 15th of December, and returning home the 4th of January.

We were planning on booking the tickets next weekend, as we've got bills up to the wazoo. But before we went to the Queen Victorian Market, we decided to stop by and see what the prices would be. We already knew it'd be around $3000 each. I tried calling Flight Centre, but the jerk of a guy, Paul (I don't mind saying his name, not that he'd ever read this..lol) said he was with a customer and wanted to know if he could call me back. I said sure, but 2 weeks later, he hasn't called me back.

So we decided to go to another travel agent, one we knew was reliable. We got there about 11:45, and didn't actually start talking to the travel agent till at least 12:30. The couple before us, were having so many issues with their flight. They wanted to go to Singapore, and Dubua, and needed to be in the UK by such and such date, and I was about ready to pull out my hair!!!
But of course, I was a patient little lad ::smirks:: and just held my tongue. We ended up booking our flight and putting $1000 each as a down payment. I think we have to have paid it off within 24 hours, but there is a way to get around it. The travel agent, when we put more money down, will have to cancel the flight, and rebook it. But charges could go up, depending on how much tax the airlines wants to charge us. But for the moment, we have to pay an even $3000 each.
This of course, doesn't include spending money. But the nice thing is, is we'll have free lodging. But transportation is going to be an issue, as my parents finally sold my useless vehicle. But the dollar is doing quite well at the moment for us. So if things kep going like this, we won't have to take as much Australian money for US money.

So yes, folks, I'm coming home. It's been almost 2 years and I'm soooo ready. I can't wait to have a spinach salad with ranch dressing. I can't wait to eat at Bings, and Xtapa Mexican Restraurant. I can't wait to just be on home soil. And of course, if I catch up with some people, that'll be even better too ::snickers:: It's been a bit difficult trying to stay in contact (not pointing any fingers), but people know when I'll be returning. If they want to meet up, the ball is in your side of the fence now...lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home