Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Stinky People-For post on February 28, 2006

I didn't get to post last night, because my wireless keyboard batteries went dead on me. And I didn't have a spare keyboard handy. We're back in business today though.

I can’t emphasis enough, HOW much I HATE people who smell. How can one possibly NOT know when they stink? ::shaking head:: I’ve always been a very conscious person when it came to my own body odor. Lucky for me, I’m not one who sweats a lot, nor does my sweat smell. But dear me, there are some people out there, that have NO idea what a shower is, or what deoderant is. I know there are certain health conditions, that causes someone to sweat and smell a lot, and regardless of how many showers and baths they take, they still will smell pretty off. But I know that it’s a small portion of the population that suffers from this health condition. So what excuse does everyone else have??

Being a passenger on the train, on the hot afternoons, where the trains are absolutely packed with people, it’s inevitable that I’ll stand or sit next to someone who stinks. I had a passenger today who smelled like pooh, to be truthful. I tried not to make it so obvious, but I was covering my nose, so I could avoid the smell. I thought about breathing through my mouth, but I was afraid the stench would permeate into my mouth. I know, I know, not going to happen, but the thought of it, was enough to gross me out. The kid was busy talking to his friend, and I was thinking to myself “am I the only one that can smell this??” I know it wasn’t me…..but uggg, I hate stinky people.

So thought of the day..be aware of your own body odor. If you tend to smell at times, wear extra deoderant, take a couple of showers a day, bring deoderant with you….do SOMETHING for the LOVE OF GOD!! This may sound harsh, but there are other people around you, and I don’t think you want to be causing this much of a disturbance. I’m one of the quiet ones, I won’t tell someone they have a body odor problem, I’ll just suffer in silence. But you may not get me standing next to you in the train, but someone who will verbalize the smell.


-current mood-FEELING YUCKY, remembering the stinky kid I sat next to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure I hate smelly folks more than you... It is crazy. I have sprayed folks and have rudely offered mints on the train. Bad hygeine is a huge no no...

March 03, 2006 10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home