Sunday, February 26, 2006

Queen Victoria Market

Yesterday, there was a raid at the QV Market. There are many people at the market, who sell items that have name brands, but sell for exceptionally cheaper. But the thing is, is the items are not the name brands they say they are. So for argument’s sake, there are shirts that say Gucci, and have a Gucci label. But in truth, they were probably made at sweat shops, or stolen off of trucks, and had these Gucci labels put on them. It’s a criminal offense to sell these sorts of items, I believe, because you have to have a special license to be able to sell these products. Plus, these vendors are selling something, with someone else’s name on them, but the name brand isn’t getting any of the profits.

We went to the QV market today, and it was considerably quiet. I don’t know if it was because of the raid yesterday. Usually there isn’t any walking room, to walk down the aisles, on a typical weekend. Today there was a bit of room, though there were still people around. I personally won’t buy from vendors that sell “fake” name brands. I am a name brand sort of woman, but I’m always buying them at the stores that buy them, and of course, at sale prices. Very rarely do I ever buy something of name brand, at full value. I still like the name brands, but don’t feel the need to pay full price.


-current mood-CONTENT, though I know tomorrow I have to go back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home