Saturday, February 25, 2006

Imagine Me and You

My partner and I went and saw Imagine Me and You tonight. If you haven’t seen the movie, I really recommend it. It’s a British film, that has Piper Perabo, from Coyote Ugly in it. The newcomer, I believe is Lena Headey. Well, I wouldn't say newcomer, based on my reading about her, she's been in a number of movies and tv. shows. Might I SAY, Lena is one foxy lady. She looks like a genetic mixup of Kiera Knightley, and Tea Leoni. And yes, she was in the Brothers Grimm movie. But she’s beautiful, and I was spending much of my time perving on her during the movie ::snickers:: Unfortunately, she’s very much straight. Isn’t that how it always is??

But really, the movie is well done I believe. It’s a gay romantic movie, that is just that…a romantic movie. And yes, I got teary eyed at one point. But aside from the great plot, there are so many fantastic one liners. You gotta love the British humor!!! Without giving too much away about the movie, there were many many times we were laughing our arses off. And there were times where other people in the audience were laughing so hard. I really recommend seeing the movie. It’s a movie you take your partner (referring to lesbians here peeps ::smirks:: ). Doesn’t mean if you don’t have a partner, or are a lesbian you won’t enjoy the movie, but it’s the sort of movie you’d take your lesbian partner, or a lesbian date. It’s tastefully done (in the kissing scenes) and it goes beyond the scope of two women falling in love with each other. I think maybe that’s why it’s being played at all theaters, instead of select ones, like Brokeback Mountain.


-current mood-RELAXED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home