Friday, March 03, 2006

Car Problems ALREADY

I thought I’d be able to get away from car problems, at least for a little while. NOT the case. We are all aware that my car has been acting “funny.” You go around the corner really slow, or you creep out of the petrol station and the car starts to act like it’s dying, but doesn’t. I thought that I’d be able to “toughen it out” for a little while. Just until I’d be able to get some money behind me, to be able to afford the repairs. Not the case…I don’t think.

Tonight, I decided to go home a different way. Instead of my usual route, where there are not many roundabouts. In truth, I don’t know why my car acts like it’s going to die, but it usually happens when I’m going really slow. But anyhooo, I decided to go home a different way….I was at a roundabout, and my car decides to die. I turned the car off, tried to start the car back up, and it wouldn’t go. The car key ignition turns, the engine sounds like it wants to start, but it doesn’t kick over. (Any readers out there, who are mechanic savvy???) I ended up putting my hazards on, to let people know, so they’d quit honking at me. After about 5-6 tries, the car ended up starting. But it didn’t sound like it wanted to. I went to fill up with petrol, and when I went to start the car up again, it acted like it didn’t want to start. But the second time, it started up.

So I have a feeling I will be ringing the mechanic in the morning, to see if I can get in. I was planning on having a tune up, but I was hoping later. Because the car is able to be started again, I thought I’d be okay. But I would much rather get the car fixed, and not have to worry about whether I’m going to be stranded or late. Lucky it was just on my way home. But my partner might take a day off, to take the car in for me. And worst comes to shove, if they have to have it a second day….my partner will be able to take me to work again, and hopefully someone will be able to pick me up from the train station. It’d only be one time. But we’ll wait and see what happens tomorrow. I’m really hoping that I’ll be able to get the car in, and they’ll be able to fix it. So keep your fingers crossed!!


-current mood-STRESSED about my car. I can never seem to be stress free when it comes to cars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home