Saturday, February 11, 2006

Shannon Noll and motorshow


Today, my partner and I went to the motorshow in the city. The motorshow was held at the exhibition center. It’s this huge center, that has all of these fantastic cars. There are vintage ones, and of course the newer model cars that have either just come out, or are popular. There were car brands I didn’t know, and car brands I was very familiar with. This was the first time I’d ever attended a motorshow. It was quite interesting, being I’m not all that keen on cars. I have a few favorite cars, but I’m not in dire need to look at others.

My partner, on the other hand, is a big fan of cars, loves looking at them, and loves to drool over cars she can’t have. There is this new car Aurion that is going to replace the Avalon here in Australia. Since my partner works at Toyota, she was curious to see what cars were out on display, and she had only seen the Aurion via pictures. The Avalon hasn’t sold well here in Australia, but I reckon this new car, will have a quite of bit of success. Ironically, there wasn’t the new camry on display. We were both looking forward to checking out the new camry. My partner has seen it at work, but hasn’t actually had a good look at it. I was hoping to see it, because she’s been talking constantly about it.

We managed to look at quite a few cars, including the Mazda 3. We’re hoping, that if this job goes past the probation, that we’ll be able to take out a loan so I can buy the Mazda 3. It’s a very nice car, cute, definitely can see myself driving in it. And of course, there was the Saab convertible that I’m a HUGE fan of. The car that “Bette” had in the L Word, THAT’S the car I’d love to have. But for the time being, I was admiring from afar.

While we were walking around, looking for my partner’s mum and her partner, my partner was looking around. She noticed someone who resembled Shannon Noll. FYI, Shannon Noll was the runner up for the first season of Australian Idol. She thought it was him, because of his distintive facial hair. She noticed a woman with bleached blonde hair, and knew that it had to of been him. His wife, she’s the one that’s got the bleached blonde look going on. My partner said “Shannon….” He turned around, and she asked him if we could have our picture taken with him. He was very nice and cordial about it all. And he looks exactly like he does in his pictures. He's taller than I expected, but has the very distinct voice. His wife took the picture, and that was that. So yet again, I’ve been able to meet another celebrity. I’ve met quite a few since being in Australia, though it wasn’t all this year. FYI, the picture at the beginning of my blog, is of course Shannon Noll. I didn’t post the picture that we had taken, because 1) I don’t do pictures online and 2) I’m all about privacy. But my partner was excited, not excited like a 12 year old, but excited that we got to meet Shannon Noll.

-current mood-HUNGRY and TIRED...seems to be a common occurence, the combination.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blue_Dragon said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Car and Bike shows/rallys are really neat.

February 12, 2006 6:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home