Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Midsumma Update

Someone asked me how Midsumma was so I thought I’d give a bit of an update. The weather was great, couldn’t have asked for a better day to have the pride march. We got there about 4:00, did a little walking around, at Albert Park. We were able to find the rainbow pride bracelets I’d been looking for, and I bought two of them. After that, we walked back to where the end of the parade/march was going to be. We waited for about 40 minutes, before it started. And of course, “dykes on bikes” was first…it was great hearing those motorcycles and just seeing the happy faces of all the dykes.

The march itself was good. I thought last years was more interesting. Maybe that’s because we saw my partner’s ex, in the parade. But last year just seemed more fun and exciting. Maybe too, it was because last year it was our first time going, so everythin waas new. But there were 79 “entries” I believe, and there were a few hillarious people out there. I was standing next to an older lady, whom, I think this was her first march. Every single thing that happened, she would giggle uncontrollably. There was a time, where two scantily clad, very tan men were walking and jumping around. They walked near us, and the lady was all like “woo hooo, oohhhh” and then she’d laugh like she was 12 years old. She was busy taking pictures, and giggling. I was starting to get annoyed, and was going to ask to switch places with my partner, but thought “nah, I’ll tough it out.” By the end of the march, I was about ready to put a sock in this woman’s mouth!!

After the march, we went to Wagga Mama for dinner. It’s a GREAT Japanese restaurant in the city. We went last year because they were putting on a buy one, get one free dinner special for the pride march. This year we decided to go, even though there were not any specials. But it was like 27 (81 F) out, and I decided to order a “soup.” How reasonable was that of me??? I wanted miso soup, so instead of buying it as a side dish, I ordered one big miso soup bowl with noodles and other jazzy stuff. The meal was delicious, and I of course, had to eat the picked radishes off my partner’s salad. I can’t get enough of pickled radishes. I haven’t been able to find them in the grocery store yet, but maybe I’m not looking hard enough.

But overall, the day went well. No dramas, no meeting the “ex” unexpectedly (thank god, says my partner..lol) and it was nice to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. And of course, to enjoy other people who are part of the gay and lesbian community.


-current mood-SORE SHOULDERS at the moment. Who wants to give me a massage...::smirks::

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello glad to hear you had a good time other than the older lady that annoyed you. And even better that you all didn't see the ex. That is always bad. I can't wait for pride this year. Ours is in June. Too cold right now for pride. Its 34 F here right now. A couple nights ago it was 19 F. BRRRRRRR LOL does it get that cold over there? I know I know someone in Brisbane or near Brisbane and she said it doesn't get that cold over there. Not where she is at anyways.

Well I won't keep bothering you. Just wanted to write back about your entry.

Take care,
Sean

February 09, 2006 1:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home