Thursday, February 09, 2006

In front of a computer...

I find it quite funny, and maybe sometimes annoying, with the fact that all day (well, not quite yet) I am sitting in front of a computer screen. Most of my work, will consist of processing paperwork, which is inputed into a computer. All this time, I thought I’d never spend enough time on a computer, now that’s pretty much what my day consists of. I haven’t tried to surf the web, just because it’s my first week there. I’m not game enough to, for the simple fact, that I know that everything is monitored. Not that I'd be looking at inappropriate stuff, but still...it's a bit invasive, knowing it's monitored. I have a work email address, but it’s only going to be reserved for work people. I know I can surf the web, to certain sites, I’ve seen people do it. But I’m too scared to do anything.

But I have to laugh, because I spend all day on the computer, and then I come home to write in my blog, which then takes time on the computer as well. If I catch up with mates, it’s great, but I don’t have a lot of time. Right now, I feel flat out. I have a few emails to catch up on (Rainey and Laani, I’ll get to you soon, I promise) but just haven’t had enough energy to do so. Please don’t feel bad if it feels like I’m neglecting. That is SO NOT my intention. I hope to catch up on emails and such this weekend. But I just find it funny and ironic, that I spend all day in front of a computer, then I come home, and probably spend at least 30-45 minutes checking my emails.

I remember at my last job, I was able to check my emails and do all sorts of stuff online. I’m sure things were still monitored, but there was so much free range at my last job. I spent so much time online. Now, I’m too afraid to. So I guess what I’m trying to say is…if I’m hard to reach, it’s not because I’m being neglectful or a jerk..it’s just that my eyes need time to adjust to life beyond the computer screen. I have bad enough eyes as it is, and I can just see it now..when I’m 80, I’m not going to be able to see a THING. OR, I’ll have really really thick glasses. I do still make time to write in my blog, but sometimes, that’s the only thing I do.


-current mood-HUNGRY, and TIRED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home