Friday, January 20, 2006

Public transportation

I’ve used public transportation before, but never Melbourne’s public transportation. Back when I was going to school in the states, because parking was impossible, I rode the bus to and from school. Because I was a student, I got to ride the buses for free. I know it probably really wasn’t for free, but it seemed like it was. The bus system was pretty easy to navigate. And of course, it was always an exciting time, with all those who rode the bus. I even was on a commercial, for LTD bus services. My claim to fame I say ::snickers::

I was a bit apprehensive of using Melbourne’s public transportation. I’ve never riden on a train (aside from the overnight one I took while in Europe) and having to figure out where to stop, when I need to leave home, and how much time it’ll take me to get from point A to point B, it gave me a headache trying to figure it out. But everyone I’ve talked to (over the phone, and while around the train stations) have been really informative and really helpful. There are the security people, who make sure you have a valid ticket, that are somewhat intimidating, but overall..I had a successful and positive experience. I was told that Australia has one of the world’s easiest transportation systems, and I have to say, my trip to the city was pretty easy. It’s a straight run from where I leave, to where I have to go…and the same, as on my way home.

I just hope that I get this job, that way my public transportation adventure will be worth it. I got a call today from the place, and they asked for a list of references. I gave them 3, 2 from the states, and 1 from Australia. V from the place I just finished working at, told me I could use her as a reference..so I took her up on her offer. Probably this time next week, I’ll know whether I got the job or not. I know, I’m sounding a bit annoying aren’t I? Well, just think..this time next week I’ll either be incredibly happy, or incredibly sad. Let’s hope it’s incredibly happy!!


-current mood-ANNOYED that I have to wait till next week to find out whether I got the job or not. But is crossing her fingers and praying every night that she gets the job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home