Thursday, January 12, 2006

News about the job

Today at around 3:30 T rang me to find out when I’d be able to come in to do some testing. Nothing too extreme, at least I hope not. From what I can gather, it’s more of a personality assessment to find out where I’d fit in. It’s called the “genesis” test, and I did one when I was doing the hiring process at the current job I’m at. I’m sure it’ll be the same format, but questions pertaining to this work environment. I think if I “pass” this assessment test, then I’ll have the job. In truth, I think, and am hoping the worst part is over. I absolutely hate interviews, and always seem to find myself jumbling over words and thoughts. But it seems like the worst part of the process is over.

I had to tell V, that I wouldn’t be able to work tomorrow, or Monday, and I think she was kind of disappointed. V is my manager, she’s the one that tells me what to do while at work. She told me when I first started back in December, that she was glad to have someone who knew what they were doing. And it made me feel good knowing that my presence was appreciated. And now that I think about it, I think she relies on me. That can be a good thing and a bad thing. But she’s asked me a few times if I wanted to work extra days but I’ve been busy, so I couldn’t. I think we’re getting ready for stocktake on the 31st of this month, and she’s wanting me to get all of the dvds and cds in the back all ready. But if this job I’m working for pans out, I won’t be working during stocktake. V knows that I’m in the process of looking for another job, and I think she’s a little sad. She had another position ready for me, in a few weeks, doing customer service for home entertainment. But I kind of had to tell her that working at this place isn’t my life ambition. No offense to those who DO work there, but I can only handle retail in small doses.

But I feel so much better because I got a call back. I was beginning to worry, as usual. I was thinking to myself “if they haven’t rang me back does that mean they’re still thinking, or they’re trying to find a nice way to say ‘sorry?’” I know I should learn to be more patient, but I just couldn’t stop my mind from thinking. But now this weekend, all I’ll have to really focus on, is getting myself a car. I have to give back my mum in law’s car this weekend, and well, that means I have to go out and buy one. We’re going out tomorrow and probably Saturday if we don’t find one tomorrow. And hopefully the paperwork will be done and will be able to pick it up
Monday, after I do my assessment testing. Wish me luck!!!

-current mood-TIRED, but am still up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad to hear that you got a call back. I've been keeping up with your blogs, just been a bit busy lately so haven't been commenting...but now I am getting settled into the new year and things are getting back to normal for me. Hopefully other aspects of your life are doing well. Best wishes.
Buffy

January 13, 2006 1:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, gurl!

Still praying and keeping my fingers crossed, and i'm sure you'll make it.

from the little that i know about corporate life, the assessment should be a really good sign; they wouldn't give it to somebody who they don't plan to hire.

you're absolutely right about your present job; while there may be a career path, why take it if it's not something you feel passionately about. "Para que pa?" like they say here.

You go, gurl!

January 13, 2006 1:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home