Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My car


Yesterday my partner and I went to pick up my car that we’d bought on Friday. My partner wasn’t very happy, because the car was supposed to be ready on Monday. Well, in truth, the salesguy said that he’d try to get the roadworthy ready by Saturday. Didn’t happen, because the mechanics had to get some parts. We stayed the night at T’s mum’s house because it’s closer to the city (I had to do my testing in the city). We rang up Monday, and they still didn’t have it ready. So we stayed the night again, Monday night because it was closer to where we had to pick up the car. Yesterday, I rang in the morning, and was told that they were still doing some stuff, and that they’d ring back. When I told T this, she flew off the handle. They rang back in like 2 minutes, and then said that the car would be ready at around 1:00. We get there at around 1, and they’re still doing the detailing (cleaning and polishing the car). We didn’t end up getting out there, till close to 2:00. I had to be at work at 2:00, so I was just a little late.
But the car seems to run okay. The brakes are really sensitive, and it always takes a little while getting used to the feel of the car. It’s sort of sluggish at times, but it also may seem that way because 1) I’m not used to driving, and 2) this car is way different than what I’m used to riding in. But there are just a few scratches, and dings…but nothing real serious. I do know I’ll have to get a new ariel, and some new speakers. There is a nice cd player that came with it (Pioneer), plus I brought one over with me when I moved.

It’s a 1990 Nissan pintara, the same type of car that my partner had, before we sold it. I didn’t want to drive it though, because it was a manual, the one I have now, is an automatic. But they’re pretty much identical, only the colors have changed. And it’s got 181,000 kilometers, instead of 240,00 in the other car. It’s not a flashy car, but it’s something that will take me from A to B..pretty much to the train station for work. It’s a temporary car, until I can establish some work history, some money, and then eventually get a loan. My partner and I plan on buying a Mazda 3, and knowing my luck, she’ll be driving it the whole time..lol.


-current mood-HAPPY, the company rang me to come in tomorrow, to do some observations. Things are looking up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see that things are really looking up for you. best of wishes for more happiness in the future.
buffy

January 19, 2006 2:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the call and your new car, gurl!

will keep on praying and crossing :D

January 19, 2006 4:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home