Saturday, January 28, 2006

Disorientated

Do you ever wake up for a really heavy sleep, or dream, and find yourself wondering where you are? You open your eyes. Your surroundings seem blurry to you because your eyes haven’t adjusted to the light. When you do finally “come to” you wonder “where am I, what day is it?” You think you know where you are, but there is a part of you that is just unsure. You feel funny, disorientated, and unsure for those brief moments. Then once you realize where you are, reality comes back to you.

I have felt this way many times, and many times recently. I can remember dreaming that I was back home, in the house I lived in from the ages of 5-10. My room had been the old office, but was transformed into my room, once knews my brother was coming. The way I had my room set up, I had the head of the bed against the back wall. Along that same wall, to my right (if you’re lying in the bed) was a door to outside. The door to get out of the room was on my right side as well. But it was further down, on the right wall side. But I remember a few weeks ago, I woke up, my vision was a little hazy. I was dreaming about my old house, and when I first woke up my eyes, I thought I was back in this particular house. I first thought “what am I doing here?” I had forgotten that I was in fact still in Australia. It took me a few seconds to realize where I was.

There have been many incidents where I’ve woken up, and felt disorientated. It’s not just when I’m having a dream of being back at home. Sometimes, I won’t remember what I’m dreaming, but I’ll have slept pretty heavily. But when I wake up, I always feel like I’m back home in the states. I think I’m back at my sister’s place, or back with my parents. I think I’m at home, because I feel comfortable, among the disorientated feeling. But after a few brief moments, I realize that there is someone sleeping beside me, and that brings back to reality. Sometimes I am happy to be back to reality, other times, I wish I was in the disorientated realm.


-current mood-TIRED, I think I slept too much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blue_Dragon said...

Oh yeah, I've had those dreams. Last night I had a crazy one. I was driving around with Nick in my old Chevy Corsica and in the dream we woke up with a bunch of blankets in a church parking lot. I grabbed him wondering "What the hell", found my car, got him buckled in, hopped into the drivers seat, looked over and someone was in the passenger seat. That's when I woke up and I was yelling "Get the F*** outta my car!!!" Wierd too. I haven't had that car for 3 years now and at present I don't even own a car. Dream worlds are crazy eh.

January 29, 2006 7:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home