Monday, August 29, 2005

Can men not understand? Or do they just assume they’ll be different?

One of the great things I love about the internet and the ability to communicate with others, is the fact that I can choose who I wish to talk to. I’m a lesbian, we’ve already established that. I choose to converse with other lesbians online as a means to get to know others and find out what goes on in their neck of the woods. I encounter enough males in real life that I choose not to converse with them online. Where ever I go, (i.e. message boards, group forums, profiles) I make it clear that I only wish to converse with women. So why is it almost every day, I’m contacted by someone guy who wishes to converse with me. What part of “no men please” don’t they understand? I’m cordial and courteous when it comes to me expressing my choice on this. But yet I still get harassed by guys who think that “ahh she’ll give me a chance.” Do guys really think I’m going to just change my mind and say “yeh, I’ll talk to this fella here?” No, not a chance, at least not in this lifetime.

I can almost predict how many guys, if they’re messaged by other guys tell them to “f*ck off” and leave them alone. But yet guys believe that because a woman is gay, that she can really be converted back to being straight or hopefully bisexual. So they try to put on the charm. I know not all guys are like this, but what really is the motives of these men who message lesbians? And lesbians who make it quite clear they’re just not interested? How else can I make it clear that I’m not coming online to converse with men or make male friends? I rarely have them in real life, why would I seek them out online?

I get really annoyed and really fed up, just because I get the feeling that somewhere, some guy is always thinking that they can convert a lesbian. If I want to seek out male friendships, I will do the seeking. I don’t wish for males to seek me. When it comes to certain online forums (i.e. computer games help forums) I don’t mind conversing with males, but only if it’s to talk about relevant information. I come to those forums to get computer help, not to make friends. I know not all males are like this, and I actually get most of the harassment from men who live overseas…in Indonesian countries, Egypt, and Turkey. I’m not targeting these certain areas, but why is it that most of the men are from these countries? I am assuming it is because these countries are predominately partiarchial, as well as very homophobic. Homosexuality isn’t looked up as “okay” in these countries. Maybe they don’t understand the word “lesbian?” What ever it may be, I just wish they’d leave me alone. Truth of the matter is, I just wish men would leave me alone. I hate to sound like a bitch (that’s a whole different post) but I just wish that guys would take the hint and realize I’m just not interested. I don’t mind guys making comments to my blogs or messages, but just don’t go out of your way to personally contact me. Is that so hard to ask??? Methinks NOT.

-current mood-FRUSTRATED

2 Comments:

Blogger Time To Move On said...

I guess we could ask why lesbians pursue straight women? Or why lesbians think they can be happy with bi girls? I had a guy from Africa tell me that he loved me after 5 minutes of me telling him I was not interested and never would be. I think that he thought he was getting a ticket to the US. So that might explain his motivation. As for the rest of them, I think something is wrong with that Y chromosome.

August 30, 2005 11:35 am  
Blogger Gaylicious© said...

Yes, good point about lesbians cracking onto str8 women. But I think I get more annoyed when men crack onto women (gay or str8) because they have this preconceived idea that they're God's gift to women. Sorry, newsflash, they're NOT. I guess some women crack into st8 women forr the enjoyment, the fun, to see if they still "have it" maybe? I personally would never...I'm not into women who still like men. But I just seem to get a different "vibe" with men..they just seem so pushy and so superior. Not on my watch they're not!!!

August 30, 2005 5:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home