Monday, August 22, 2005

I Like Girls

Today I went shopping at Jay Jays ™ and I bought this shirt that says “I Like Girls” on it. The shirt, I believe, is a men’s shirt, but my partner picked it out and I said “I’ve gotta have that.” I laughed when I saw it. I asked my partner “are you going to be embarrassed if I wear this?” She says “I don’t know…” I’m thinking to myself, “hey at least it doesn’t say I like pussies” of which I’ve seen these shirts for sale. I get up to the register, and a guy is ringing me up. I started to get a little embarrassed myself because I was wondering to myself “does he think it’s for me?” Then another guy came up, took over my sales order. But neither guy blinked their eyes at my shirt. I sometimes like getting a reaction out of people, but these two guys didn’t seem phased at all.

I’m not all about flaunting my sexuality, but what makes it okay for a guy to wear this sort of shirt but not me? Either way, it’s going to attract some attention. There was a hillarious shirt that had two squirrels, and one of them had his mouth full of acorns I think. The one squirrel says to the other “you look good with your mouth full of nuts.” I laughed so hard, I thought of a perfect person who we could have given that shirt to. But I wonder if he would have gotten strange looks. But like I said, either way, who ever is wearing the shirt, it’s still going to attract attention. So why is it more socially acceptable for a guy to wear a shirt pointing to his penis saying “free lick here?” I know why, I don’t need to literally have this question answered, but companies make these for a reason. But I get offended when I see a guy wearing a shirt like that. But if a gay guy wore it (thou more than likely I wouldn’t know he was gay) I’d laugh my a*se off. I guess it all wires down to the fact that we live in a heterosexist society, and anything but that is deemed “abnormal.” But really, what IS normal??

-current mood-RELAXED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home