Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Stress

Stress, -n. A mentally or emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition occurring in response to adverse external influences and capable of affecting physical health, usually characterized by increased heart rate, a rise in blood pressure, muscular tension, irritability, and depression.

You got that darn right!!! The stressors in my life cause me many emotionally disruptive moments. Usually I try to calm myself down, but sometimes, it's just too much for me.

Earlier this evening, I got an email from the migration agent who was proof-reading my statutory declaration. She sends me this one line email telling me I need to go to the next meeting because I have to do a rewrite. I wanted to punch the computer monitor. I feel like this woman has no time for me, and instead of sitting down and writing to me what could be changed, she just tells me "go to the next meeting, you need to rewrite." This woman has been like this through out the whole entire process. It's like she's sick and tired of all the "little" questions we have. She may be sick and tired, but she's not the one having to worry about an application and whether it will be denied or not.

I rang up my partner and she suggested I email someone else, or ring someone. But that only frustrated me more. I know if I try to email this to someone else, I'll end up getting stuck with the same migration agent. Why do we pay a membership fee, to help pay for these migration agents to help us out, if all they want to do is tell us to "go to a meeting." The next meeting is Father's Day weekend, we're going to be busy. Why can't she just tell me what I need to do? I am just hoping that this migration agent thinks that we don't have the "evidence" explained in the statutory declaration, hence why I need to rewrite it. I emailed this woman back and told her we were going to do another "document" that explains all of the evidence for our case.

The thing that gets to me, is we got a booklet from the organization, and this migration agent told me the book was just a "guideline" for us to use, to help us thru the process. The partner migration book we got from immigration touches briefly on what we need to do in terms of the statutory declaration. I've done everything the books have said, or so I thought. Pretty much the statutory declaration is, is a statement (in our case, a long one) that explains that our relationship is a genuine and continuing one. How can one mess up on that?? Take it to be me to mess it up.

I know I shouldn't jump the gun just yet. I've emailed the woman and hopefully she will email me tomorrow. My partner told me I should email her and ask her if we've done anything to upset her enough to be so standoffish. I said "no, I don't want to open a can of worms if I don't have to. Just how wonderful would that be? I just hope this woman realized it was a misunderstanding and that what I've written is actually okay. If not, I guess we're going to have to go to the meeting on Father's Day. My partner will not be happy. She first of all, hates driving into the city, and secondly it's Father's Day. She's assuming that there will be no meeting. But I told her over the phone, that the organization doesn't care about holidays. I personally hate going to the meetings because I'm the one who does all the talking. When ever something is unclear, I'm always the one who is emailing or communicating over the phone to someone about it. It's not just this immigration process, it seems like with everything, if something is wrong or needs a phone call, I'm the one making it. I'm the foreigner, shouldn't it be her doing the ringing??

-current mood-ANNOYED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home