Saturday, August 20, 2005

Toby

Toby my cat back in the states, I’ve been thinking a lot about him lately. I miss him dearly, but I get to hopefully see him when my sister and I get on the webcam. My sister was nice enough to “adopt” him when I left. I knew when I got Toby from the Humane Society, that I’d one day be leaving him. But I wanted something to keep me company whilst I was still around. I can still remember picking him out and how amazingly cute he was. I named him Toby, after Toby McGuire, from Spiderman. Toby, when he was little he used to jump on my back and crawl up my spine as if he were a spider. Yeh, it hurt, with his little claws, but I got a kick out of it.

I wanted to bring him with me, but I didn’t know how I’d explain it to immigration, or customs why I brought a kitty with me for only staying 4 months. That is what immigration and customs believed when I came back in September. But aside from that aspect, there was a lot of mucking around that had to be done before hand. I would have had to have Toby get a thorough medical check, had to of bought a special carrier for him, and I don’t know how long he would have been in quarantine. Toby can barely handle having the bedroom door closed for more than a few minutes. He’s spoiled yes, and he loves his freedom. I couldn’t do that to the poor bugger.

I hope that once everything settles down here, we’ll buy another kitten. We have one, well my partner does, and she’s a cutie. But she’s just not Toby, she’s not my own cat. It’s always fun having a kitten running around the house, watching it grow up. Here’s to Toby, my baby kitty that I miss so dearly .

-current mood-SENTIMENTAL

1 Comments:

Blogger roogirl said...

Hello... just stumbled upon your blog, very fun. Toby is a adorable, looks a little like my Emma. I was in England back in June and couldn't fathom the bathroom set-up there either. My friend just moved there and we often pondered about whether or not the Brits are ok with not washing their hands after going to the bathroom, since they make it fairly inconvenient to do so... humph, I'm stumped.

August 20, 2005 2:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home