Friday, August 26, 2005

Body Odor

The past few months now I think, my partner has had to take co-worker either to work, from work or both. And every time she always talks about how he smells. He smells mostly of stale smoke, but every time she gets out of the car, she has to spray something to get rid of the stench. I’ve often wondered if she’d ever tell him that he has an odor problem, or if she’ll just keep on withstanding the smell.

Body odor really gets to me. I have a pretty sensitive nose, and I can smell when something, or someone is “off.” Sometimes I’ll be walking down an aisle in the supermarket and I’ll get a “wiff” of someone, and geez, talk about blow me away. I have to do a double take to see who is around, and if others can smell it as well. I absolutely hate body odor. They make deoderant for a reason, and people should use it. If not deoderant, than at least take a shower man! I understand how some people sweat profusely, but don’t you think you’d be more conscious of your own smell?

I remember a few years ago, I was working at Target here in Australia for a few months. I was on a working visa, and was fortunate enough to be able to work for a few of those months. I was working in the fitting rooms, and there was this girl, about 10, who tried on a few outfits. When she gave them back to me, they reeked of body odor. I had to hold my breath, it was that bad. I thought to myself “self, why doesn’t this girl wear deoderant??” Just because she’s 10, that doesn’t mean she doesn’t need to wear anything. Aww man, my mind shudders at the memory of that smell. And the poor girl that was going to have to try on that outfit after her. Luckily, I put the clothes behind me, and gave them enough time to air out. But man, does that girl’s mother have no idea?? But it’s just that smell, either the salty, tangy smell, or it’s a dirty smell, but either way I felt bad for the poor bugger.

I wish I had the power in me to tell someone whether they’ve got a body odor problem or not. I am very self-conscious of the way I smell and if others can smell me. I have been fortunate in the aspect that I don’t sweat a lot, and if I do, it doesn’t smell. But I am an avid fan of cleaniness and will at all costs keep myself clean. I just wonder if other people are as conscious, or if they don’t really care. I know some people decide not wear deoderant for reasons of their own, hence why they also don’t shave their armpits, but c’mon for the sake of others around you, could you at least try to shower once a day? Is that so hard to ask? Maybe it is, I guess I’ll just keep on pretending all is well, when really all I wanna do is hurl!

-current mood-RANCID

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 26, 2005 9:18 pm  
Blogger Time To Move On said...

What a hoot. Maybe you could try that secret e-mail thing where you get a third party to send an e-mail on your behalf.

August 30, 2005 11:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home