Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Universe

This weekend, my sister in law was talking about the axis the earth is on. She began talking about the universe and just how things “evolved.” We got to talking about evolution, and just the “how” questions. It seemed like every time I would think of an answer to a question, she’d come up with “but how did that come about?” And it really made me think about the universe and how evolved we have come.

How come earth is the only planet that we know of, that has life on it? Human life that is. I won’t go into the whole world of UFOs or anything that like. I’m more fascinated in just knowing how big the universe is. This past weekend, there was an amazing picture that NASA I believe had published. It was a picture of the Milky Way, and one tiny spec was supposed to be the size of the sun, in comparison. It totally baffles me at how big the universe really is. People talk about heaven and hell, but whether it really exists, that’s not the point I’m trying to make. I look up into the sky, I see the vast blanket of starts above me. They are so far away, yet as far as I can see, they’re still there. It seems endless, the horizon never stops. The universe is absolutely huge, but how did it come about? And just how much of it have we studied? When I think about space, and hear about people going into space, they are only seeing a portion of what space really is. It will be amazing to be able to experience what people at NASA are able to experience. I can only imagine how breathtaking it must be. We’ve come a long way in terms of finding out more about the universe and how the world came to be, but there are still yet so many unanswered questions.

-current mood-INTRIGUED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home