Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Editing other people's posts

I often wonder if people get offended if I edit their posts or messages for spelling and punctuation. I’ve been in a number of groups where you post messages (i.e. yahoo) and I always find myself editing their posts for spelling and puncutation. Is that rude of me to do? I wonder if people even notice. No one’s said anything to me, and I don’t mean any harm by it. I have no problem if other people wanted to edit my posts for spelling and punctuation. But for some reason, it’s just a pet peeve of mine. Like when you’re talking to someone, and they have a piece of food on their cheek. You want to be focusing on what they’re saying, but that piece of food is annoying the crap out of you. You know if you reach out and try to wipe the food off their cheek, they might get startled. So you keep on focusing on that piece of food, while the conversation at hand begins to blur in the background.

I grew up being self aware of my spelling and gramatical errors and I try my best to do the best I can. We’re not in school, so these posts are not being graded or anything. I know I’m not perfect, and I tend to spell words wrong or use them in the wrong context. So why do I make it an extra effort to edit other people’s work? I’d just like to say, if you’re reading my posts and I do end up editing your posts, please don’t take an offense to it. I guess it’s just the “anal retentive” in me.

-current mood-TIRED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home