Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Camera Phones

Can you believe how far phones have advanced? I remember way back when, my mum and dad had mobile phones for their cars. You plugged the HUGE phone "carriage" if you will, into the cigarette lighter, and you had this big carriage like aparatus. The phone of course was huge, and there were green lights behind the digits.

I think of the commercials on tv, and how many new phones there are out there. Just when you find one you like, and end up going on a contract to buy a specific phone, a new and more exciting phone comes out. I remember when the Nokia 5110 (I think) was out, and I thought it was a "cool" phone. Then the flip phones came about, but yet the screens on them, were like 1/2 cm.

The phone I currently have, took my profile picture (on myspace.com) and the picture of my kitty Charlie. It's a 2 mp camera, and I have to chuckle, because I remember when 2 mp cameras were extremely expensive. Now you can buy cameras up to 12+ mp. You have radios and can do video calling (which by the way is pretty darn cool, but expensive) on your phone....the options are endless.

Not to mention the ringtones you can have now. Lucky for me, I have the bluetooth (yet another crazy invention) and can install my own songs. When someone has a polyphonic ringtone, you know they have an ancient phone. But in reality, the phone really isn't that old. But you think "ohh, get rid of that annoying ringtone."

Phones used to be necessary for emergencies. As I was having car problems, I had a phone just in case something happened. I still use the phone for emergencies, but it's so much easier to just text someone than to actually ring. But with the great plans you can get, it doesn't really matter.

I am still yet, amazed at what phones can do these days, and only can imagine what they'll do in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home