Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cost of Limes

Last night, my partner and I went to the grocery store to pick up some last minute stuff for today's bbq. (For those NON-Melbournians, we had today off due to the Melbourne Cup. YES, we do get a day off because of a horse race). I was busy getting my list of items, my partner got the things she needed.

I went to the cashier, he was busy ringing up my groceries. When he told me the total, it was over $50.00. I looked at him and said "what?" Evidently, the limes, were $19.95 each. I was like "no way that's a mistake." He tried again, and I guess they were $19.95 per kg. I still was flabbergasted, and thought to myself "I don't think I want these as much as I thought."

Can you believe it, $19.95 for a couple of limes. I didn't think limes were hard to come by these days. I wanted to make a salad, and it needed lime juice. I told myself I'd just use lemon juice. It won't taste the same, but I wasn't about to spend that much money on some silly fruit. I'm secretly laughing right now, because I dropped a lime, so there goes $19.95 down the drain ::snickers::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home